A discussion that will engage moms and their tweens, in one space, to foster global citizenship will take place as part of + Social Good on August 3, 2013 outside of Washington DC at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.
Learn more: Moms + Tweens + Social Good
Moms and their tweens will come together for an interactive and hands on half day workshop to discuss our role as global citizens. The session will include panels of both moms and tweens, community leaders and role models, and hands on activities including writing letters and communicating to members of Congress and creating a video about the power of our voices.
The agenda includes:
- Meet Melia Gayaldo, Samantha Massi and Arija Martin and learn the stories of how these local tweens got started in social good
- Thoughts from Anna McGuire, a local Girl Up Teen representative
- Tips and resources from digital wellness and internet safety expert Leticia Barr of TechSavvyMama.com
- Strategies for getting involved and taking action
- Activity stations to put new ideas into action
- Inspiration from the UnitedNations Foundation
Thank you to the sponsors and supporters that are helping make this morning possible: Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, DK Eyewitness Travel & Rough Guides, Shootie Girl, the United Nations Foundation, Kidz Vuz,Passports with Purpose and Club Penguin.
Keep up with all the latest event information and resources to grow global citizens on facebook. Can’t join us at the event? Follow along in the conversation with #growglobalcitizens on twitter and instagram.
Interested in the websites, resources and information shared during the Moms+Tweens+SocialGood event? Download the GrowGlobalCitizensToolKit August 2013.