Meet Elena Sonnino...A Chaser of Dreams...
The Short Version
Elena Sonnino is a travel and wellness writer, strategist, runner, hiker, cancer survivor and chaser of dreams.
The longer version….
Elena Sonnino is a travel writer.
Elena’s life long passion is travel. She shares inspirational travel stories and experiences at LiveDoGrow focused on finding everyday wellness around the world in far-flungs lands and her own backyard.
Her travel writing has also been published in GoGo Concourse, EveryTrail for Trip Advisor, Have Family Will Travel by Four Seasons, Let’s Roll – a travel blog by the Flight Network, This Girl Travels, Hilton Mom Voyage, Traveling Mom and Trip Advisor.
Elena Sonnino is a wellness writer.
Being diagnosed with Stage IIB Hodgkin’s lymphoma at 23 made Elena a fighter, and provided a perspective that was life altering. Life was no longer about watching, it was about doing – and most of all LIVING.
Elena’s wellness journey is fueled by her perspective as a survivor and experience as a mom. Elena’s wellness writing has been published in U.S. News Health and BlogHer.
Elena Sonnino is an educator.
Elena spent twelve years as a teacher, educational leader and mentor to elementary students. Whether she was a classroom teacher or an advanced academic resource teacher, her focus was always on empowering students to develop independent and creative thinking. She continues to work within the education space to write curriculum to empower youth as advocates and an educational programs contributor and #TalkEarly parenting blogger and educational programs amplifier for Responsibility.org.
Elena Sonnino is an advocate.
On a mission to empower children to use social media for social good, Elena uses her voice as an advocate to raise awareness and support sustainable efforts around the globe. She works with non-profit organizations to craft engaging digital media strategies and campaigns. Elena is a Shot@Life UnFoundation Social Good Fellow and Shot@Life champion, a member of Bloggers4Haiti, a member of ONE Moms, and served on the American Cancer Society Blogger Advisory Council working to Finish the Fight against cancer… because she believes that each one of us can make a difference, big or small. Elena’s work and expertise has appeared on CNN.com, The Huffington Post and The Stream on Al Jazeera America.
Elena’s Personal and Professional Life Goals:
- Be a motivational speaker
- Visit a wellness retreat for inner and outer health, nutrition and wellness (Went to Mountain Trek in British Columbia in May 2014, Rancho La Puerta in Tecate Mexico in January 2015 and Hilton Head Health in March 2015.)
- Publish an article about wellness travel in a magazine
- To publish a book about finding the silver lining as a Cancer patient and survivor
- Be a wellness columnist
- To be published in Runner’s World magazine
- Not so secret dream: To open an inflight magazine and see my own article!
- Run a marathon in under five hours
- Run (or walk) an adventure marathon like the Polar Circle Marathon in Greenland or the Petra Desert Marathon
- Learn to be a Reiki practicioner
- Travel to Morocco (done March 2015), Napa, The Grand Tetons (done June 2015), Glacier National Park, Costa Rica, and down the Nile River in Egypt
- Take a mother daughter trip to Paris
- Take a mother daughter trip to Nepal
- Hike the Grand Canyon basin with my daughter
- Learn to surf (or at least ride one wave) (Will try for the first time during a surf/yoga retreat in Panama, Jan. 2016)
- Climb Mount Toubkal in Morocco (working on my first summit climb to the Osorno Volcano in Chile – October 2015)
- Climb Grand Teton Mountain
Hire ElenaHire Elena as a freelance writer, as a social media ambassador or spokesperson, to develop digital strategy, or as a speaker for your next event.
Email me (Elena) at: livedogrow [at] gmail [dot] com or find me on twitter as @ElenaSonnino