About Elena Sonnino
Chaser of Dreams, Writer, Strategist
The Short Version
Elena Sonnino is a freelance travel and wellness writer, strategist, traveler, runner, cancer survivor and chaser of dreams.
Elena is passionate about fostering self sufficiency in others and finding examples of wellness in the everyday to empower others through travel, running, health and social good stories.
She believes in empowering tweens to become develop global citizenship.
The longer version….
Elena Sonnino is a travel writer.
Elena’s life long passion is travel. She shares inspirational travel stories and experiences here at LiveDoGrow focusing on active travel, luxury travel, wellness travel and foodie travel. Elena writes about family travel experiences at HiltonMomVoyage.com.
Elena Sonnino is a wellness writer.
Being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma at 23 made Elena a fighter, and provided a perspective that was life altering. Life was no longer about watching, it was about doing.
Elena’s wellness journey is fueled by her perspective and lives on in the day to day life as a mom. Elena’s wellness writing has been published in U.S. News Health and BlogHer.
Elena Sonnino is an educator.
Elena spent twelve years as a teacher, educational leader and mentor to elementary students. Whether she was a classroom teacher or an advanced academic resource teacher, her focus was always on empowering students to develop independent and creative thinking. She continues to work within the education space to write curriculum to empower youth as advocates and an educational programs contributor and #TalkEarly parenting blogger for Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (FAAR).
Elena Sonnino is an advocate.
On a mission to empower children to use social media for social good, Elena uses her voice as an advocate to raise awareness and support sustainable efforts around the globe. She is a Shot@Life UnFoundation Social Good Fellow and Shot@Life champion, a member of Bloggers4Haiti, a member of ONE Moms, and is on the American Cancer Society Blogger Advisory Council working to Finish the Fight against cancer… because she believes that each one of us can make a difference, big or small. Elena’s work and expertise has appeared on CNN.com, The Huffington Post and The Stream on Al Jazeera America.
Elena’s Personal and Professional Life Goals:
- Be a motivational speaker
- Visit a wellness retreat for inner and outer health, nutrition and wellness (I didid this! Went to Mountain Trek in British Columbia in May 2014.)
- Publish an article about wellness travel in a magazine
- To publish a book about finding the silver lining as a Cancer patient and survivor
- Be a wellness columnist
- (Secret dream: To open an inflight magazine and see my own article!)
- Travel to see the impact that global health programs like Shot@Life, Nothing but Nets and UNICEF have had on children first hand
- Learn to use my DSLR camera
- Run a third marathon
- Run a marathon in under 5 hours
- Travel to Napa, Yosemite, Costa Rica, Morocco and down the Nile River in Egypt
- Take a mother daughter trip to Paris
- To hike the Grand Canyon basin with my daughter
Hire ElenaHire Elena as a freelance writer, as a social media ambassador or spokesperson, to develop digital strategy, or as a speaker for your next event.
Email me (Elena) at: livedogrow [at] gmail [dot] com or find me on twitter as @ElenaSonnino